BELGIUM: Tel: ++32/10 779-036 | E-mail: sales@onlycroatia.com
CROATIA: Tel: +385(0)98/167-4446 | E-mail: info@onlycroatia.com

Lendava (Slovenia)

Lendava
Excursions
NP Triglav
Triglav is the only national park in Slovenia. This national park in the area of the Julian Alps in north-western Slovenia gained it...
Golf club Bled Slovenia
The golf course of the ‘Golf Club Bled’ built in 1937 is the oldest in Slovenia.

Under the management of the ‘IMG’ company ...
Cycling: Moravske Toplice - Lendava
Slovenia is the only country in Europe that combines the Alps, the Mediterranean, the Pannonian Plain and the Karst. In Slovenia you ...
Cycling: Wine route Jeruzalem
Jerusalem, a settlement in Slovenia, among the Mura and Drava rivers on 340 metres above sea level, is well known for its wine produc...
Golf club Livada

Our offer is based on whole-day trips for Players and heir companions and it is adjusted to clients

We are in friendly re...
Golf club Arboretum
Arboretum Golf Course Diversity
Arboretum Golf Course Ljubljana is not the longest golf course in Slovenia since it stretches only 5....
Cycling: Lendava - Jeruzalem
Slovenia is the only country in Europe that combines the Alps, the Mediterranean, the Pannonian Plain and the Karst.
In Sloven...
Cycling: Moravske Toplice
Slovenia is the only country in EuropeSlovenia that combines the Alps, the Mediterranean, the Pannonian Plain and the Karst.
In...
Total excursions:
12

Position

Lendava (formerly Dolnja Lendava; Hungarian: Lendva, formerly Alsólendva; German: Lindau, formerly Unter-Limbach, Prekmurje Slovene Dolenja Lendava) is a town and a municipality in Slovenia in the region of Prekmurje. The name of the settlement was changed from Dolnja Lendava to Lendava in 1955. It is close to the border crossing with Hungary at Dolga Vas-Rédics, and Hungarian is one of the official languages of the municipality, along with Slovene.

The town is the centre of the Hungarian minority in Slovenia. It is also known for the monumental theater and Hungarian Community Centre designed by the architect Imre Makovecz.
 
 

History

The first census of the population in the beginning of the 18th century mentions two Jewish merchants, and the following censuses showed an increasing Jewish population composed of merchants, inkeepers, distillers, mead producers, lawyers, and physicians. They played an important role in the economy of Lendava, owning a local hotel, a few pubs, and stores. Local Jews also started the first bank in Lendava. A Jewish school opened in 1850 and it was active until 1921. The last rabbi in Lendava was Mor Lowy.

The synagogue in Lendava is one of only two synagogues left in Slovenia.
 
HOTELS
 
 

Indulgence and fun

The parish church in the settlement is dedicated to Saint Catherine of Alexandria and belongs to the Roman Catholic Diocese of Murska Sobota.
There is also an Lutheran church in the town. It was built in 1931. Lendava Castle is a castle on a hill above the town centre and contains a museum and a gallery.
 
 
Video
There are no available videos from this location
 
 
partner login
CROATIA | Tel: +385 (0)98/167-4446 | E-mail: info@onlycroatia.com | BELGIUM | Tel:++32/10 779-036 | E-mail: sales@onlycroatia.com
Onlycroatia.com No.1 Travel Agency
Destinations | Tours | Hotels | Car rental | Excursions | Nautical tourism
How to book?
About us | Contacts | How to book?/Payments | Terms and conditions | FAQ | Useful links
Towns // What to do / What to see?
Split | Dubrovnik | Trogir | Zadar | Rovinj | Pula || Ljubljana | Bled || Kotor || Sarajevo

Facebook Youtube Contact u via Skype PayPal
"VinisCMS" - Održavanje i distribucija: Vinis-WebDeveloping
www.vinis.hr | denis@vinis.hr
Sva prava pridržana. Onlycroatia.com 2004-2017